[comp.unix.questions] ferret

protofan@motcid.UUCP (Mike S. Protofanousis) (03/23/91)

Is there a command called 'ferret' in SysV 4.0?
--
Mike Protofanousis
msp@pronet.chi.il.us

renkel@motcid.UUCP (Will Renkel) (03/25/91)

In article <4714@cocoa7.UUCP>, protofan@motcid.UUCP (Mike S. Protofanousis) writes:
> Is there a command called 'ferret' in SysV 4.0?
> --
> Mike Protofanousis
> msp@pronet.chi.il.us
> motcid!protofan@uunet.uu.net

When I was at ATT-BTL there was an experimental command called ferret.
I was told it was probably targeted
for the next release of UNIX.  ferret was a pgm which read your mail
and allowed you do most anything you wanted to via writing a special
interface script which allowed for selecting on many options and then
having an action field in which you indicated what you wished to do with
the message.  I used it there and loved it - but I suspect there are several
good pgms available in the world which provide similar capabilities.

	Will Renkel - Motorola - Cellular
	1501 W. Shure Drive - Room N258, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
	(708) 632-4416 - ...uunet!mcdchg!motcid!renkel