[comp.unix.questions] Curses on OS/2?

Tony_Sikavi.ES_AE@xerox.com (03/19/91)

Does anyone know of any implementation of the Unix (Berkley or SysV) curses
under OS/2?  Is there something similar to it with a different name?
//Tony

todd@toolz.uucp (Todd Merriman) (03/19/91)

Tony_Sikavi.ES_AE@xerox.com writes:
>Does anyone know of any implementation of the Unix (Berkley or SysV) curses
>under OS/2?  Is there something similar to it with a different name?

There is a commercial Curses for OS/2, MSDOS, and VMS from

Aspen Scientific
P.O. Box 72
Wheat Ridge, CO  80034
(303) 423-8088

vancleef@iastate.edu (Van Cleef Henry H) (03/27/91)

In article <26296@adm.brl.mil> Tony_Sikavi.ES_AE@xerox.com writes:
>Does anyone know of any implementation of the Unix (Berkley or SysV) curses
>under OS/2?  Is there something similar to it with a different name?
>//Tony

Aspen Scientific in Colorado makes a terminfo-type curses for
MS-DOS/OS2.  Available with sources for extra $$.  I have used
this product to port Unix code to MS-DOS; current version
is quite stable, easy port.  They use an environment variable
to select direct access, ansi.sys, bios screen writes at execution
time.  No terminfo description files; these are "canned" in the
runtime.  Comes with a package called FAST in c source that can be
used to set up simple forms data bases---the routines are also handy
for modification and inclusion in programs---particularly one that
edits an input dialog line.  Documentation for routines is excellent,
but they don't provide a curses tutorial.  The Aspen Curses package
is also available for VMS---much superior to the DEC version in VMS
C.

Aspen also makes a window management product called FORMATION, also
available in source code, also portable to many platforms with
terminfo curses.

Lattice also offers a Curses package, a partial implementation
of termcap curses.  However, it does not have a termcap file
or the lower-level curses functions.  Available with source.

--

Tony_Sikavi.ES_AE@xerox.com (03/28/91)

WIll the person that forwarded me the availability through third party
information of a SYS V terminfo compatible "curses" package on OS/2 about 10
days ago, please resend the information.  I seem to have inadvertently deleted
the note as I cleaning up my workstation.
Thanks,
//Tony

todd@toolz.uucp (Todd Merriman) (03/28/91)

Tony_Sikavi.ES_AE@xerox.com writes:
>WIll the person that forwarded me the availability through third party
>information of a SYS V terminfo compatible "curses" package on OS/2 about 10
>days ago, please resend the information.

Curses for DOS, OS/2, and VMS from

Aspen Scientific
P.O. Box 72
Wheat Ridge, CO  80034-0072