[comp.unix.questions] e-mail splitter

dwhite@dsys.ncsl.nist.gov (Doug White) (04/03/91)

There were a couple of issues that dealt with setting up a splitter for
mail massages that I was saving, but I've lost them. I want something
to send info-unix mail one place, work related mail another place, etc.
Can I pick up back issues somewhere, or has anybody come up with a better
idea than was circulated?  Thanks, dwhite@dsys.ncsl.nist.gov

brendan@cs.widener.edu (Brendan Kehoe) (04/04/91)

In <26441@adm.brl.mil>, dwhite@dsys.ncsl.nist.gov writes:
>There were a couple of issues that dealt with setting up a splitter for
>mail massages that I was saving, but I've lost them. I want something
>to send info-unix mail one place, work related mail another place, etc.

     I'd highly suggest checking out elm .. one of its support
    programs, filter, does exactly what you want.
--
     Brendan Kehoe - Widener Sun Network Manager - brendan@cs.widener.edu
  Widener University in Chester, PA                A Bloody Sun-Dec War Zone

berg@marvin.e17.physik.tu-muenchen.de (Stephen R. van den Berg) (04/05/91)

Doug White writes:
>There were a couple of issues that dealt with setting up a splitter for
>mail massages that I was saving, but I've lost them. I want something
>to send info-unix mail one place, work related mail another place, etc.
>Can I pick up back issues somewhere, or has anybody come up with a better
>idea than was circulated?  Thanks, dwhite@dsys.ncsl.nist.gov

I would suggest you check out comp.sources.misc for a package called
"Procmail", it does exactly what you want.
--
Sincerely,                 berg@marvin.e17.physik.tu-muenchen.de
           Stephen R. van den Berg.