[comp.unix.questions] CDC Disk repairs

v0549@gravity.cray.com (Bill Kamp/MetaComp Resp. Marty Storma) (04/12/91)

I have a CDC disk out of my SPARCStation,
I believe it is a wren, and it needs repair.
Can anyone provide a number to call for information?
I believe this number was on the net a couple of weeks ago.

The disk description is:
Sun #?: 327MB HD Disk, NO OS, PN:370-1153-02-A, FRU:555-1005-03
CDC#?: MN94171-327, PN: 77777107, SN: 03088084, Lot O-8924,
UPC: DFAX099084.

Bill Kamp

alan@ahmcs.uucp (Alan Mintz) (04/12/91)

In article <152226.25010@timbuk.cray.com>, v0549@gravity.cray.com (Bill Kamp/MetaComp Resp. Marty Storma) writes:
> I have a CDC disk out of my SPARCStation,
> I believe it is a wren, and it needs repair.
> Can anyone provide a number to call for information?

While I do not have the actual number, you can call information for Seagate
(the current owners of Imprimis/CDC) in Oklahoma City. Be prepared - they're
not cheap ! They charge a flat rate of about 25% of retail to repair
or replace your HD (and give you a new warranty).
--
< Alan H. Mintz  | alan@mq.com | ...!uunet!ahmcs!alan >