[comp.unix.questions] HELP: Telnet Z-Modem transfer problem!

hugo@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Hugo Desrosiers) (04/14/91)

Hi!

 i can't upload/download when i'm using the command telnet. I've
try ALL the sz -bey -l 1024... thing.  I need to change the
default values of telnet to binary or 8 bit!?!?

does anyone can help me?

thanks
Pierre
hugo@IRO.UMontreal.CA

ralfi@pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de (Ralf U. Holighaus) (04/15/91)

hugo@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Hugo Desrosiers) writes:

>default values of telnet to binary or 8 bit!?!?

try  rlogin remotemachine [-l remoteuser] -8
to establish an 8 bit connection.

Check your channel mapping. Neither X-, Y- nor Z-Modem work with am
mapchan on the line. (That is a specific UNIX V.3 problem)

Regards

Ralf.
--
  PEM Programmentwicklungsgesellschaft    |         Ralf U. Holighaus
        fuer Microcomputer mbH            |         Technical Support

wht@n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US (Warren Tucker) (04/17/91)

In article <1154@pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de> ralfi@pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de (Ralf U. Holighaus) writes:
>hugo@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Hugo Desrosiers) writes:
>>default values of telnet to binary or 8 bit!?!?
>try  rlogin remotemachine [-l remoteuser] -8
>to establish an 8 bit connection.

and try using something like
   sz -w 16384
or sz -w 32768

to reduce loading on the network.
This will prevent network delays from suddenly flooding your receiver
with gobs of characters.

rz will ack everytime the window every 1/4 window size.
some value will keep full transfer rate up when conditions
are good, yet prevent flooding.

Warren Tucker, TuckerWare, Mountain Park, GA         wht@n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story.  It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows." -- Frank Zappa