[comp.unix.questions] Unix users groups

jim@aeshq.UUCP (Jim Roberts) (04/19/91)

I am trying to find information about UNIX users groups in the toronto area
such as but not solely, Unix Unanimous.

I would like to find out when the meetings are, where they are, who to contact
in order to find more information, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

   Jim Roberts

Jim Roberts {jtsv16,mnetor}!geac!aeshq!jim | "Now that's entertainment!"
Atmospheric Environment Service.           |            - G. Khan
Downsview, Ontario                         |

woods@robohack.UUCP (Greg A. Woods) (04/21/91)

[ I wonder if I can beat everyone else to ansering this?!?! :-) ]

In article <955@aeshq.UUCP> jim@aeshq.UUCP (Jim Roberts) writes:
> I am trying to find information about UNIX users groups in the toronto area
> such as but not solely, Unix Unanimous.

UNIX Unanimous is sponsored by UniForum Canada, which is the Canadian
Association of UNIX Systems Users.  This is currently the only regular
meeting which UniForum Canada directly sponsors.

The newsgroup can.usrgroup and the associated mailing list
<unix-unanimous@moore> are also part of this scheme.

Regular monthly meetings are also conducted by UniForum Toronto, which
is one of the local groups affiliated with UniForum Canada.  For
further information you can send mail to Evan Leibovitch <evan@telly.on.ca>.
(Though I'm sure Evan will post further info as well.)

> I would like to find out when the meetings are, where they are, who to contact
> in order to find more information, etc.

For the most part, meetings are regularly scheduled, i.e. UNIX
Unanimous is held on the second Wednesday of the month, and UniForum
Toronto meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month.

When possible announcements are posted to this group and cross-posted
to ont.events.  Also when possible announcements appear on the
calendar page of README -- The UniForum Canada Newsletter.

For further information about UniForum Canada or README, you can
contact me, or our office at:

	UniForum Canada
	241 Gamma Street
	Etobicoke, Ontario
	M8W 4G7
	(416) 259-8122
	(416) 253-0441 (FAX)
	<uniforum@compus.uucp>

Anyway, that's as much as I know about....  If there's anything more,
I'd like to hear about it too!
--
						Greg A. Woods

woods@{robohack,gate,eci386,tmsoft,ontmoh}.UUCP
+1 416 443-1734 [h]   +1 416 595-5425 [w]   VE3-TCP   Toronto, Ontario; CANADA