[comp.unix.questions] Any Anon UUCP sources for Kermit 5A? <was: Where To Find Kermit...>

shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) (04/23/91)

	Some of us lacking Internet access would nonetheless like access to
the latest kermit implementation (sliding windows and all). Are there any
anonymous uucp archives containing this material?

-----------
uunet!media!ka3ovk!raysnec!shwake				shwake@rsxtech

In article <301@raysnec.UUCP> shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) writes:

>	Some of us lacking Internet access would nonetheless like access to
>the latest kermit implementation (sliding windows and all). Are there any
>anonymous uucp archives containing this material?

If you have mail connections that won't scream about the volume (a direct
connection to uunet is nice for this), bitftp@pucc.princeton.edu will
cough up about anything you could get by ftp yourself.  Kermit's home
is on watsun.cc.columbia in the kermit directory.  The lastest
sliding windows version is still considered to be in alpha test and
is kept in the kermit/sw directory.  The latest version I know about
is kermit/sw/cku169.tar.Z and is about half a meg in size.  Bitftp
understand the dir command, though, so check for later releases before
requesting one.

Les Mikesell
  les@chinet.chi.il.us