[comp.unix.questions] Need to modify terminfo database

peter@aucs.AcadiaU.ca (Peter Steele) (05/02/91)

I have a program that on startup complains that "khome" is an unknown
key. I presume I have to add a definition for it in terminfo. What are
the required changes to do this for a vt100? Thanks.
--
Peter Steele   Postmaster   peter@auad.acadiau.ca   Tel: 902-542-2201
Software Analyst, Acadia University, Wolfville, NS  Fax: 902-542-7224

jim@segue.segue.com (Jim Balter) (05/03/91)

In article <1991May1.183824.26978@aucs.AcadiaU.ca> peter@aucs.acadiau.ca (Peter Steele) writes:
>I have a program that on startup complains that "khome" is an unknown
>key. I presume I have to add a definition for it in terminfo. What are
>the required changes to do this for a vt100? Thanks.

Programs shouldn't issue such complaints.  terminfo entries should only
have key definitions for keys that actually physically occur on the terminal.
If you add a khome definition to your vt100 entry, then software that uses
terminfo rationally may note the entry and ask users to hit the home key.
"The what?" they will ask.