[comp.unix.questions] Extended ASCII characters

rvp@softserver.canberra.edu.au (Rey Paulo) (04/29/91)

Can anyone tell me which character is used to toggle a vt100 terminal to
display the extended ascii characters.

Thanx.
--
Rey V. Paulo                  | Internet:  rvp@csc.canberra.edu.au
University of Canberra        | I am not bound to please thee with my answer.

mike@bria.UUCP (mike.stefanik) (05/04/91)

In an article, rvp@softserver.canberra.edu.au (Rey Paulo) writes:
>Can anyone tell me which character is used to toggle a vt100 terminal to
>display the extended ascii characters.

I assuming that you're talking about graphics characters.  Methinks that
<ESC>(0 enables graphics (which eats the lowercase set) and <ESC>(B
puts things back to normal.  I could have 'em backwards, however ...

--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc, Los Angeles | Opinions stated are never realistic
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike