[comp.unix.questions] Forwarding Mail But Keeping a Local Copy

wlw2286@isc.rit.edu (W.L. Lance) (04/12/91)

The title basically says it all. I want to forward my mail to a remote
site, and keep a local copy.

Lance

--
Lance Ware			          	         Mac and IBM Reseller
Try here first:lance@spud.rit.edu |        Then here:wlw2286@ultb.rit.isc.edu

c60b-1eq@e260-1c.berkeley.edu (Noam Mendelson) (04/14/91)

In article <1991Apr11.214946.16092@isc.rit.edu> wlw2286@isc.rit.edu (W.L. Lance) writes:
>The title basically says it all. I want to forward my mail to a remote
>site, and keep a local copy.

RTFM for /usr/ucb/mail.  (hint: put both addresses in ~/.forward).

--
+==========================================================================+
| Noam Mendelson   ..!agate!ucbvax!web!c60b-1eq | "I haven't lost my mind, |

rasmus@napc.uucp (Rasmus Lerdorf) (04/18/91)

In <1991Apr14.020941.2204@agate.berkeley.edu> c60b-1eq@e260-1c.berkeley.edu (Noam Mendelson) writes:

>In article <1991Apr11.214946.16092@isc.rit.edu> wlw2286@isc.rit.edu (W.L. Lance) writes:
>>The title basically says it all. I want to forward my mail to a remote
>>site, and keep a local copy.

>RTFM for /usr/ucb/mail.  (hint: put both addresses in ~/.forward).

Don't be too quick on the RTFM's here.  I tried putting both addresses
on an old version of Xenix and it didn't work.
--
Rasmus Lerdorf    calgary!ajfcal!napc!rasmus       1020-64 Ave NE, Calgary
NovAtel Advanced Product Concept Development       Alberta, Canada T2E 7V8

halvard@spurv.runit.sintef.no (Halvard Halvorsen) (05/07/91)

this works for me (SunOS 4.x)

solan1% more .mailrc
set record=$home/outbox