[comp.unix.questions] QNX - Where is the publisher?

xeee02@mixcom.COM (Dean A. Roth) (05/14/91)

I've looked and looked and cannot find the address or telephone
number for the company that publishes the QNX O.S.
Can you help me? Thank you.  (I think it is Quantum Software.)

--
Dean Roth           deanr@mixcom.com

macphee@convex.COM (Scott C. Mac Phee) (05/15/91)

In article <746@mixcom.COM> xeee02@mixcom.COM (Dean A. Roth) writes:

>I've looked and looked and cannot find the address or telephone
>number for the company that publishes the QNX O.S.
>Can you help me? Thank you.  (I think it is Quantum Software.)
>
>--
>Dean Roth           deanr@mixcom.com

QNX is available from Quantum Software Systems in Canada.  You can
reach them at 613-591-0941.

I highly recommend it, and have actually heard rumors (better than
that) that they will soon release a POSIX version of the OS.

Good luck.

CONVEX Computer Corporation (CNX)                  Richardson, Texas
Scott C. Mac Phee (macphee@convex.com)             214-497-4772

grant@bluemoon.uucp (Grant DeLorean) (05/15/91)

macphee@convex.COM (Scott C. Mac Phee) writes:

>QNX is available from Quantum Software Systems in Canada.  You can
>reach them at 613-591-0941.

 Yep. It is almost useless, but that is where it is available from.

>I highly recommend it, and have actually heard rumors (better than
>that) that they will soon release a POSIX version of the OS.

 Yep. Scheduled release date is January 1990, same as their proprietary
windowing system. The windowing system showed 4 months later, the
POSIX version is still vaporware.

 Avoid QNX unless your application is process control. It isn't useful
for anything else (I used to be a heavy user, I was a beta site for
the windowing system and was scheduled to be for the POSIX OS as well.
Then I got smart and saw through the lies and got out of QNX...).
--
\  Grant DeLorean  (grant@bluemoon)    {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!grant  /
"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation

mpd@anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) (05/16/91)

macphee@convex.COM (Scott C. Mac Phee) writes:

>I highly recommend it, and have actually heard rumors (better than
>that) that they will soon release a POSIX version of the OS.

This "rumor" has been floating around for three years now...

MD
--
--  Michael P. Deignan                      / Since I *OWN* SBS.COM,
--  Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com            /  These Opinions Generally