[comp.unix.questions] Dosedit style utils for Unix

beamishd@ccvax.ucd.ie (05/14/91)

Does anyone know where I can get something which will allow me to scroll
through previous commands on Unix using the arrow keys as on VMS and DOS using
Dosedit.
     Thanks

Norman Beamish
Dept. of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
University College, Dublin
Belfield, Dublin 4
Ireland                                    NBEAME91@irlearn.bitnet
					   NBEAME91@irlearn.ucd.ie
					   beamishd@ccvax.bitnet
  			                   beamishd@ccvax.ucd.ie
	                                  Voice +353-1-2693244 Ext.1964
					  Fax   +353-1-2830921

mjo@irie.ais.org (Mike O'Connor) (05/20/91)

In article <1991May14.151919.48126@ccvax.ucd.ie> beamishd@ccvax.ucd.ie writes:
:Does anyone know where I can get something which will allow me to scroll
:through previous commands on Unix using the arrow keys as on VMS and DOS using
:Dosedit.

Sounds like your best advice would be to get a shell which can do this,
like tcsh, ksh, or bash.

====
Mike O'Connor (mjo@ais.org)

subbarao@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Kartik Subbarao) (05/20/91)

In article <1991May14.151919.48126@ccvax.ucd.ie> beamishd@ccvax.ucd.ie writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get something which will allow me to scroll
>through previous commands on Unix using the arrow keys as on VMS and DOS using
>Dosedit.
>     Thanks

Yeah. A couple of really good shells that do that, plus a whole lot more,
are tcsh and zsh. You can ftp tcsh from tesla.ee.cornell.edu, and you can
get zsh from princeton.edu.

		-Kartik
--
internet% ypwhich