[comp.unix.questions] Command similar to VMS DUMP wanted for UNIX

swanger@ducvax.auburn.edu (05/30/91)

I am looking for a Unix command that is similar to the VMS DUMP command.
This command displays the hex (or decimal or octal) values of a file to
the display.  Is there an easy way to do this in Unix?

I have a Sparcstation IPC running SUN OS 4.1.1 (I think that is the version
number).

Please reply to my account.  If there are a lot of responses, I will send
a summary to the net.

Thanks in advance!

David Swanger
Academic Computing Services
Auburn University, AL

swanger@ducvax.auburn.edu  - Internet
swanger@auducvax           - Bitnet

swanger@ducvax.auburn.edu (05/31/91)

In article <1991May30.084425.4318@ducvax.auburn.edu>, swanger@ducvax.auburn.edu writes:
> I am looking for a Unix command that is similar to the VMS DUMP command.

I have quickly learned that the command I want is od.  Thanks very much for
the help.