[comp.unix.questions] menu driven up/downloading

pirmann@porthos.rutgers.edu (David Pirmann) (06/16/91)

I need a program that will do menu driven uploads and downloads using
xmodem and/or kermit protocols; sort of a bbs style downloading
system.  Does anyone know of any package out around the net that might
possibly do this?  I'll be running it on a Sun 4/110 system.

Thanks
dave
--
David Pirmann                                           pirmann@rutgers.edu
Rutgers LCSR Operations                                 pirmann@njin.BITNET

thad@public.BTR.COM (Thaddeus P. Floryan) (06/17/91)

In article <Jun.15.21.06.39.1991.19724@porthos.rutgers.edu> pirmann@porthos.rutgers.edu (David Pirmann) writes:

>I need a program that will do menu driven uploads and downloads using
>xmodem and/or kermit protocols; sort of a bbs style downloading
>system.  Does anyone know of any package out around the net that might
>possibly do this?  I'll be running it on a Sun 4/110 system.

Emmet Gray's ``PCOMM'' (version 1.2*) seems to be the perfect answer to your
needs; it should be at any archive site.  His home site for those who wish to
ftp is ``cerl.cecer.army.mil'' [IP 129.229.1.101].

In operation, PCOMM resembles the popular ProComm Plus found on MS-DOS boxes,
its commands are all menu driven, and the file transfer menus are invoked and
selected using the arrow keys on your keyboard.

The systems on which I have successfully compiled and used PCOMM include:

	3B1 (aka UNIXPC and PC7300), AT&T SVR 3.51 thru 3.51m [68010],
	A/UX 2.* on a Mac [68020],
	CTIX 6.2* on a Convergent Technologies MightyFrame [68020], and
	Sun 3/60, both SunOS 4.0.3 and 4.1.1 [68020]

Thad Floryan [ thad@btr.com (OR) {decwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]