[comp.unix.questions] What to replace wait3 with in System V?

brian@apt.bungi.com (Brian Litzinger) (06/19/91)

Hi Folks,

I've noticed that at least SunOS 4.1 has a system call
wait3() which can take the option WNOHANG.

Does someone have a good approximate for this function under
ISC System V.3.2?

If so could you please send me a copy of the code?

Thanks in advance.
-brian litzinger
brian@apt.bungi.com
--
<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  brian@apt.bungi.com      {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian

src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) (06/20/91)

brian@apt.bungi.com (Brian Litzinger) writes:
>I've noticed that at least SunOS 4.1 has a system call
>wait3() which can take the option WNOHANG.
>Does someone have a good approximate for this function under
>ISC System V.3.2?

if you have isc 2.2.1 you can use waitpid(), i.e.

pid = wait3(&status, (WNOHANG|WUNTRACED), &rusage)

becomes

pid = waitpid(-1,&status,(WNOHANG|WUNTRACED))

where you should not that rusage is not available at all.
--
   Heiko Blume <-+-> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93 [voice!]
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]: