[comp.unix.questions] EDI On UNIX PLATFORMS?

jep@pcgbase.UUCP (John E Phillips) (06/20/91)

I would like some information on developing an EDI interface to
MFG PRO (An MRP system written in PROGRESS).  Any help or suggestions
would be appreciated. :-)

--
John E. Phillips       | "The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion"
P.O. Box 903           |                -Arnold H. Glasow

janm@dramba.neis.oz (Jan Mikkelsen) (06/24/91)

In article <1413@pcgbase.UUCP> jep@pcgbase.UUCP (John E Phillips) writes:
>I would like some information on developing an EDI interface to
>MFG PRO (An MRP system written in PROGRESS).  Any help or suggestions
>would be appreciated. :-)

What exactly are you trying to do?  EDIFACT?  X12?  Other?  Purchase
order only?

I sounds like you should buy a translator like ABC Computers' EDI Excel,
and go from there ...

--
Jan Mikkelsen
janm@dramba.neis.oz.AU or janm%dramba.neis.oz@metro.ucc.su.oz.au