[comp.unix.questions] Making 'nobanner' Default in V.3.2 'lp'

tkevans@fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans) (06/28/91)

I would like to be able to suppress the System V.3.2 lp
banner page by default on all print jobs, without having
to specify this option on the lp command line.

Is this possible?  If so, how?  Thank you.
--
UUCP:		{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!woodb!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:	tkevans%fallst@wb3ffv.ampr.org

tkevans@fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans) writes:

>I would like to be able to suppress the System V.3.2 lp
>banner page by default on all print jobs, without having
>to specify this option on the lp command line.

You can try setting BANNERS=0 in /etc/default/lpd, but this is not
always understood.

--
I guess these are the views of VTI - since it is my consulting company.

Conor P. Cahill              (703)430-9247              uunet!virtech!cpcahil
Virtual Technologies, Inc.  46030 Manekin Plaza            Sterling, VA 22170