[comp.sources.d] MAKEMAKE - a Modula2 prog to generate MAKEFILEs.

wohler@sri-spam.istc.sri.com (Bill Wohler) (01/09/87)

In article <2855@gitpyr.gatech.EDU> tynor@gitpyr.gatech.EDU (Steve Tynor) writes:

>Here's a Modula2 program to generate a MAKFILE for a collection of Modula2
>modules.  It was written in TDI Modula2 (on the Atari ST) but should easily
>port to other compilers.

  look also for the mkmf(1) program that is available on 4.3BSD and
  probably elsewhere as well.

  mkmf is an excellent program which enforces good software
  development style, works for all types of sources (c, lex, yacc,
  pascal, etc.) and is easily modifyable to interpret even modula
  source files.  in addition, it performs the "make depend" function
  that you often see in Makefiles as a long painful awk script.  it
  uses the Makefile format documented in Nicklin and Mosher's [1983]
  paper.

	 						--bw

tomc@oakhill.UUCP (Tom Cunningham) (01/09/87)

In article <9815@sri-spam.istc.sri.com>, wohler@sri-spam.istc.sri.com (Bill Wohler) writes:

>   look also for the mkmf(1) program that is available on 4.3BSD and
>   probably elsewhere as well.
>
>   uses the Makefile format documented in Nicklin and Mosher's [1983]
>   paper.

Sounds interesting.  Does anyone have a man page for this program that they
would be willing to email me (our Sun release doesn't appear to include it)?
Also, could you a give a complete reference for the Nicklin and Mosher
article?  Thanks.
--

Tom Cunningham     "Good, fast, cheap -- select two."
USPS:  Motorola Inc.  6501 William Cannon Dr. W.  Austin, TX 78735-8598