[comp.sources.d] Dungeon

billr@tekred.UUCP (Bill Randle) (01/09/87)

Due to the periodic requests for sources to zork (a.k.a. dungeon),
I will post what I have.  What will follow is the DECUS dungeon
converted from DEC FORTRAN to Unix f77 and subsequently modified
to run on a Vax (as opposed to a pdp-11).  The source and docs
will be posted in 7 parts to net.sources.games.  Following that,
the data files will be posted in 7 parts, uuencoded (there is no
source for the main data file, only binary).

Be patient as the distribution will take place over a period of
time in chunks smaller than 64K to avoid choking mailers, etc.

Note also that the copyright states that this can not be used for
commercial purposes.

I also have a version that will run on a pdp-11 with split I/D;
send mail for info on this (if anyone still uses pdp's :-).
--

	-Bill Randle
	Tektronix, Inc.

billj@zaphod.UUCP (01/14/87)

In article <921@tekred.UUCP> billr@tekred.TEK.COM (Bill Randle) writes:
>Due to the periodic requests for sources to zork (a.k.a. dungeon),
>I will post what I have....  The source and docs
>will be posted in 7 parts to net.sources.games....
>
>Be patient as the distribution will take place over a period of
>time in chunks smaller than 64K to avoid choking mailers, etc.

While I'm very pleased to see Zork appearing in source form, couldn't
it please go to *mod*.sources.games, so that we won't be answering the
same periodic requests and choking the same mailers next year?
--
Bill Jones, Develcon Electronics, 856 51 St E, Saskatoon S7K 5C7 Canada
uucp:  ...alberta!sask!zaphod!billj              phone:  (306) 931-1504