[comp.sources.d] Bard's Tale

cm2n#@andrew.cmu.edu (Christopher A. Maloney) (01/19/87)

ReSent-From: postman#@andrew.cmu.edu

ReSent-To:nntp-xmit#@andrew.cmu.edu

To: outnews#ext.nn.rec.games.misc@andrew.cmu.edu,
	outnews#ext.nn.comp.sources.d@andrew.cmu.edu

Newsgroup: rec.games.misc,comp.sources.d

	I've been playing Bard's Tale off and on for about 5 months now.
I've come up against some obstacles and questions which I hope that some of
the people out on the net might be able to answer.
1.  After defeating the Mad God in the Castle.  How do you get past the
rotator room in the first level of the tower.  The one I am referring to is
the one after going through the darkness etc.  defeating the crystal golem
and wandering for a short while.  I have been able to get it to put me east
into antimagic, north into darkness, and south to where I started.  But I
can't seem to get it to put me west.
2.  Where are the stables and are they any use?
3.  Is there anyway out of the stasis chamber in the tower?
4.  Is there anyway to stop a rotator?
5.  An aside question.  what is the best monster to fill the special slot
with.  I usually stop off at level 2 of the Mad God's Temple and pick up a
soul sucker. I dislike demon lords becuase they spend too much time casting
spells.  and wind dragons seem to die too easily.  does anybody else have any
favorites.
6.  One last thing what good are magic mouths and when do you use them?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Maloney