[comp.sources.d] Discussion of Common TeX.

kbb@nancy (Karl Berry.) (01/19/87)

Could we please move discussion of Common TeX source code,
bug reports, ftp access, and so on to comp.sources.d or some
other more appropriate newsgroup? comp.text is supposed to
be for discussion of text processing, typesetting, and so
on, not programming. If any issues regarding typesetting
come up with Common TeX, by all means post them to
comp.text. If it's bug fixes or porting it to new machines,
that's important too, but it's not for comp.text.

Thank you.

kbb%cs.brown.edu@csnet-relay
{decvax,ihnp4}!brunix!kbb

langdon@lll-lcc.aRpA (Bruce Langdon) (01/21/87)

In article <11628@brunix.UUCP>, kbb@nancy (Karl Berry.) writes:
> Could we please move discussion of Common TeX source code,
> ...., and so on to comp.sources.d or some
> other more appropriate newsgroup? comp.text is supposed to
> be for discussion of text processing, typesetting, ...

Exactly. And it's done with computer programs. Such as those that
Monnari creates. Common TeX, among other things, is EXACTLY the
sort of thing that I hope to learn about when I read comp.text.
(I have my own list of things that appear here that I don't need.)
	Bruce Langdon  L-472                langdon@lll-lcc.ARPA
	Physics Department                  "langdon#bruce%d@lll-mfe.ARPA"
	Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
	Livermore, CA 94550                 (415) 422-5444
UUCP: ..{ihnp4,qantel,ucdavis,pyramid,styx,topaz}!lll-lcc!langdon
                  ..{gymble,ll-xn,seismo}!lll-crg!lll-lcc!langdon

langdon@lll-lcc.UUCP (01/27/87)

In article <11628@brunix.UUCP>, kbb@nancy (Karl Berry.) writes:
> Could we please move discussion of Common TeX source code,
> bug reports, ftp access, and so on to comp.sources.d or some
> other more appropriate newsgroup? comp.text is supposed to
> be for discussion of text processing, typesetting, and so

Right. And great typesetting can be done with programs like TeX.
This is just the sort of thing I read comp.text for.
comp.sources is a voluminous jumble, mostly not of interest to me.