[comp.sources.d] Any APPLE LASERWRITER/LASERWRITER + driver for MS Windows?

godawski@usceast.UUCP (02/26/87)

Does anybody know if a printer driver for Apple Laserwriter/Laserwriter +
exists for MS Windows?  If PD, can I have it?

Please mail any responses to me.

{ihnp4,allegra,seismo}!akgua!usceast!godawski

dickj@tekgen.UUCP (02/26/87)

In article <2333@usceast.UUCP> godawski@usceast.UUCP (Mike godawski) writes:
>Does anybody know if a printer driver for Apple Laserwriter/Laserwriter +
>exists for MS Windows?  If PD, can I have it?

You can find Apple Laserwriter/Laserwriter + drivers in MS Windows 1.03,
MS Word 3.1, and Micrografx In-a-Vision 1.23.  These are not public
domain but Windows can be picked up via mail order for around $60,
which is quite a bargin when you look at everything you are getting
in the package.
Dave White               uucp: ...{ucbvax!ucdavis | tektronix}!gvgpsa!davew
Grass Valley Group       phone: (916) 478-3052
Grass Valley, CA  95945

robert@erix.UUCP (03/02/87)

In article <940@tekgen.TEK.COM> dickj@tekgen.UUCP (David White) writes:
>In article <2333@usceast.UUCP> godawski@usceast.UUCP (Mike godawski) writes:
>>Does anybody know if a printer driver for Apple Laserwriter/Laserwriter +
>>exists for MS Windows?  If PD, can I have it?
>
>You can find Apple Laserwriter/Laserwriter + drivers in MS Windows 1.03,
>MS Word 3.1, and Micrografx In-a-Vision 1.23.  These are not public
>domain but Windows can be picked up via mail order for around $60,
>which is quite a bargin when you look at everything you are getting
>in the package.

It's not that much of a bargain, and most of the other programs are either
very simple or quite buggy (try doing controlled indentation with WRITE).

Their good (?) programs cost money.

			Robert Virding  @ Ericsson Telecom, Stockholm
			UUCP: {decvax,philabs,seismo}!mcvax!enea!erix!robert

davew@gvgpsa.UUCP (03/04/87)

In article <1311@erix.UUCP> robert@erix.UUCP (Robert Virding) writes:
>In article <940@tekgen.TEK.COM> dickj@tekgen.UUCP (David White) writes:
>>In article <2333@usceast.UUCP> godawski@usceast.UUCP (Mike godawski) writes:
>>>Does anybody know if a printer driver for Apple Laserwriter/Laserwriter +
>>>exists for MS Windows?  If PD, can I have it?
>>
>>You can find Apple Laserwriter/Laserwriter + drivers in MS Windows 1.03,
>>MS Word 3.1, and Micrografx In-a-Vision 1.23.  These are not public
>>domain but Windows can be picked up via mail order for around $60,
>>which is quite a bargin when you look at everything you are getting
>>in the package.
>
>It's not that much of a bargain, and most of the other programs are either
>very simple or quite buggy (try doing controlled indentation with WRITE).
>Their good (?) programs cost money.
>			Robert Virding  @ Ericsson Telecom, Stockholm

I didn't mean to imply that Windows did everything in a faultless manner,
but I still maintain that the package is a bargin, considering the price.
I have Microsoft Word 3.1, but use Write 90% of the time because I can
include graphics from In*a*Vision into a document very easily, and it is
capable of redirecting the output to a file which can then be spooled
off to my MVAX II to a laser printer.  It does have its shortcomings,
but what doesn't, especially at this price?
Dave White           uucp: ...!{ucbvax!ucdavis | tektronix}!gvgpsa!davew
Grass Valley Group    phone: +1 916 478 3052
P.O. Box 1114
Grass Valley, CA  95945