[comp.sources.d] Scrabble games. Anyone seen one?

erhoogerbeet@watmath.UUCP (06/28/87)

Hello,

My mother is an avid Scrabble player, and I am afraid the only way I can get
her interested in computers whatsoever is to get a Scrabble game for our pc.

Has anyone ever heard of a public domain or even comercial version or clone
game of Scrabble for a pc? Please mail me.

Thanks in advance!

------ ---------               ------------------------------------------
erhoogerbeet@watmath.uucp     "Sunlight played along the River Cam. People
ehoogerbeets@wateuler.uucp     in punts happily shouted at each other to
Edwin (Deepthot)               fuck off... Couples walking along the bank got
Hoogerbeets                    so excited about the general wonderfulness of
			       it all that they had to pop inside for an hour."

marc@pismo.cs.ucla.edu (Marc Kriguer) (06/30/87)

In article <13741@watmath.UUCP> erhoogerbeet@watmath.UUCP,
 (Edwin (Deepthot)) wrote:

>Has anyone ever heard of a public domain or even comercial version or clone
>game of Scrabble for a pc? Please mail me.

This might be of some help to you:  SEVERAL years back, (my TRS-80 days)
there was a program called "Monty Plays Monopoly" for the TRS-80, and later
for the IBM PC as well.  This same company makes "Monty Plays Scrabble"
for the TRS-80, so there is a good chance that they might make it for the
PC as well.  It is not public domain (as far as I know; the TRS-80 programs
are certainly not), but should not be too expensive.

If there is any interest, I can look up the name of the company for you.
(Just give me a few days to find the disk!  ;-)
 _  _  _                        Marc Kriguer
/ \/ \/ \
  /  /  / __     ___   __       BITNET: REMARCK@UCLASSCF
 /  /  / /  \   /  /  /         ARPA:   marc@pic.ucla.edu
/  /  /  \__/\_/   \_/\__/      UUCP:   {backbones}!ucla-cs!pic.ucla.edu!marc