[comp.sources.d] ply on the creation of comp.sources.misc

webber@brandx.rutgers.edu (Webber) (07/13/87)

In article <2849@ncoast.UUCP>, allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon Allbery) writes:
> As quoted from <287@brandx.rutgers.edu> by webber@brandx.rutgers.edu (Webber):
> +---------------
> | was plenty.  Before you start talking about procedure, please show me
> | when it was voted upon that net.sources and mod.sources would be
> | merged and subsequently split into multiple moderated groups as well
> | as how you ended up being the moderator of the one that is currently
> | closest in goals to the old net.sources.  It strikes me that your
> | interest in proper procedure is rather new found.
> +---------------
>
> I have *that* letter too.  Basically, Rick Adams _told_ me that net.sources
> was becoming comp.sources.misc and that it WOULD be moderated -- no question,
> no place for me to complain.  He then _asked_ me whether I would like to be
> the moderator of the group.
>
> Tell me, where did you get the idea that *I* chose to make net.sources

Nothing in the above says that I thought *you* were responsible for
the original idea of moderating comp.sources.misc.  Are you claiming
that you were acting according to proper procedure since you just
agreed to be the moderator and didn't actually issue the control messages?

By the way, there was some discussion among the backbone administrators
prior the actions you refer to above.  Of course, as you can tell from
the postings of others in this group, there were many things they
overlooked as alternatives.  It is worth noting that you still have
not produced the vote I queried about in the above quoted passage.

> moderated?  It seems to me that, having run out of real arguments, you're
> just lashing out blindly at me for having the temerarity to contradict you.

Actually, since I restrict myself to addressing the points that you
raise, rather than reiterating the entire argument with each message,
it is natural that as you find less and less to say, my responses
shrink as well.

I do not mind you having a different opinion than me on what is proper
net behavior, but I do get a bit annoyed when you choose to put words
in my mouth (such as the above bogus assumption that you `made'
net.sources moderated, after all, who says you need a moderator in
order to have a moderated group?).

Anyway, thanks for your summary of how the group was created/destroyed.
And particularly, I thank you for the bogus things you chose to nest
the facts in, thus giving me an opportunity to reply.

Enjoy.

---- BOB (webber@aramis.rutgers.edu ; rutgers!aramis.rutgers.edu!webber)