[comp.sources.d] logo

jl42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) (07/29/87)

I know this has been the topic of many bits of discussion for quite a while...
but:
I compiled logo and ended up with the following:
ld -X -i -o logo /lib/crt0.o *.o -lm -lc -ltermlib
ld: -i ignored
Undefined:
_yychar
_yylex
_isuint
_isstored
_yyprompt
_yyerrflag
_yydebug
_yyparse
lmult
lmodt
ldivt
_rindex
*** Exit 1

Stop.

Does anyone know where these functions reside? I can't find them in any
of my libraries.
This is on Sun Unix 3.0 (aka BSD 4.2) on a Sun 3/52.
Thanks!

Jay Libove
Arpa:   jl42@andrew.cmu.edu	Bitnet: jl42@drycas.bitnet
UUCP:   ...!{seismo, ucbvax, harvard}!andrew.cmu.edu!jl42
UUCP:   ...!{pitt | bellcore} !darth!libove!libove

Disclaimer: I don't tell my employers what I think...

dml@rabbit1.UUCP (David Langdon) (08/08/87)

in article <UV3IJ-y00WARz2E04F@andrew.cmu.edu>, jl42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) says:

> I know this has been the topic of many bits of discussion for quite a while...
> but:
> I compiled logo and ended up with the following:
> ld -X -i -o logo /lib/crt0.o *.o -lm -lc -ltermlib
> ld: -i ignored
> Undefined:
>
> Does anyone know where these functions reside? I can't find them in any
> of my libraries.
> This is on Sun Unix 3.0 (aka BSD 4.2) on a Sun 3/52.
> Thanks!

I ran into the same problem. Instead of using "ld", I changed the statement to
do a "cc -o" as follows:

	cc -o logo $(OBJS) -lm ...

The OBJS define is set up as all object modules EXCEPT logohead.o

Also, if you can not find rindex, then you need to change the reference from
rindex to strchr.

My version is now running with these minor changes, and I am trying to
implement a new turtle tty driver.

--
David Langdon    Rabbit Software Corp.
(215) 647-0440   7 Great Valley Parkway East  Malvern PA 19355

...!ihnp4!{cbmvax,cuuxb}!hutch!dml        ...!psuvax1!burdvax!hutch!dml

In article <356@rabbit1.UUCP> dml@rabbit1.UUCP (David Langdon) writes:
>Also, if you can not find rindex, then you need to change the reference from
>rindex to strchr.

Thereby introducing a bug!

paul@devon.UUCP (Paul Sutcliffe Jr.) (08/08/87)

I thought about mailing this to David, but decided to post since I'm
trying to correct some misinformation.

In article <356@rabbit1.UUCP> dml@rabbit1.UUCP (David Langdon) writes:

> Also, if you can not find rindex, then you need to change the reference from
> rindex to strchr.

Be careful here.  The `rindex' reference(s) should be changed to `strrchr',
not `strchr'.  `Strchr' would be correct for `index'.

- paul

--
UUCP: paul@devon.UUCP  (or) ...{seismo,ihnp4,cbosgd}!bpa!vu-vlsi!devon!paul

"No problem is so big or so terrible that it can't be run away from."
	-- Linus van Pelt

root@hobbes.UUCP (John Plocher) (08/09/87)

+---- David Langdon writes about logo
| My version is now running with these minor changes, and I am trying to
| implement a new turtle tty driver.
+----

Speaking of logo - I have it running on Microport S5r2.  Does anyone have
Hercules and/or CGA turtle routines?  I'd even take C code from other stuff
and make it work...

--
John Plocher uwvax!geowhiz!uwspan!plocher  plocher%uwspan.UUCP@uwvax.CS.WISC.EDU

steved@athena.TEK.COM (Steve Dum) (08/09/87)

I thought I would mention this given the number of people that seem to
have been interested in the logo posted.  I have been working on an
earlier version of it and was motivated by the posting to merge what I have
with what was posted.  To indicate why I decided to do this...
There are some real interesting "features" in the old version.  My version
did get about 7% larger.  But it runs about 35% faster CPU time wise,
and with considerably less disk activity, so real time should be even
less.  But all is not free.  First,  since I am on a BSD derivative system
most of the system V problems will still be there, and second, I got
side tracked on other things before finishing the merge.  About all that is
left is to look over logo.y and convince myself that my changes are
as good or better than what was posted.

Once that is done, the best thing would be to find a beta site or two
to try it out.

Stephen Dum (503)-629-1146
US Mail:    Tektronix, Inc., MS 92-823, P.O. Box 4600, Beaverton, OR 97076
uucp:       {allegra,decvax,hplabs,ihnp4,ucbvax}!tektronix!athena!steved
CS,ARPAnet: steved@athena.TEK.COM

dupre@spitfire.UUCP (Frank Dupre) (08/10/87)

Does anyone have any experience using UNIX LOGO Release 4 with an
ATARI 135XE or 800 as the graphics terminal apparently one needs a
"special terminal program."  Does anyone own this puppy and
can I get a copy?
			-thanx

* (uucp) {...}!rochester!rocksanne!xrxns!dupre
* (ARPA) dupre.lsbgegpcad@Xerox.Com
* (XNS) Frank Dupre:LSBG-EGP/CAD:Xerox
* (Ma Bell) (703) 729-8000  Ex# 5487
* (Intelnet) 8*437-5487