[comp.sources.d] tsch for sysv?

craig@ncrcpx.UUCP (R. Craig Peterson) (08/12/87)

Tsch looks like a great shell!!  Unfortunately we've only got
USG here.  Does anyone plan on trying to get it to run under
SYSVR2?  Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the workings of
BSD csh, or I might give it a crack (I might anyways??!?).

Any comments/suggestions/hints/etc. would be appreciated.
--
R. Craig Peterson		"Don't speak unkindly of the Gods...
ihnp4!ncr-sd!ncrlnk!		 You never know when one may be listening!"

In article <128@ncrcpx.UUCP> craig@ncrcpx.UUCP (R. Craig Peterson) writes:
>Tsch looks like a great shell!!  Unfortunately we've only got
>USG here.  Does anyone plan on trying to get it to run under
>SYSVR2?

BRL can supply a Bourne shell with similar features.
Some users of tcsh have decided they prefer our new Bourne shell.
I'm trying to fix whatever it is that is keeping it from working
on our Crays, and should be shipping to satisfy backlogged requests
soon.  (This is all part of a conspiracy to stamp out the C shell.)

Dion_L_Johnson@cup.portal.com (08/16/87)

Is tsch available for Xenix systems?  How do I find out more?
- Dion Johnson    ....sun!pyramid!jack!sco!dionj  or as above.