[comp.sources.d] Is "pic" in the public doamin?

ehrlich@psuvax1.psu.edu (Dan Ehrlich) (08/17/87)

Does any one out there know if pic is public domain?  What about ditroff?
If they are where could I get a copy that would run under BSD 4.3 on
a VAX?  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

chuq%plaid@Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (08/17/87)

In article <2853@psuvax1.psu.edu> ehrlich@psuvax1.psu.edu (Dan Ehrlich) writes:
>Does any one out there know if pic is public domain?  What about ditroff?

Definitely not in either case.  They're proprietary to AT&T and part of the
documentor's workbench.

>If they are where could I get a copy that would run under BSD 4.3 on
>a VAX?  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

you'll need to look for a third party company that has licensed and port it.

chuq
Chuq Von Rospach	chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ

We live and learn, but not the wiser grow -- John Pomfret (1667-1703)

karel@dutesta.UUCP (Karel van Houten) (08/18/87)

In article <2853@psuvax1.psu.edu> ehrlich@psuvax1.psu.edu (Dan Ehrlich) writes:
>Does any one out there know if pic is public domain?  [...]

If there is a public 'pic' I am also very interested!
--
Karel van Houten		VOICE:    +31 15 783502
Delft Univ. of Techn.		UUCP:     ..seismo!mcvax!dutrun!dutesta!karel

In article <2853@psuvax1.psu.edu> ehrlich@psuvax1.psu.edu (Dan Ehrlich) writes:
>Does any one out there know if pic is public domain?  What about ditroff?

They certainly are NOT public domain.  AT&T licenses them as part of
the Documenter's WorkBench software.  Sometimes you can get them from
Bell Labs, too, but it's still licensed, AT&T proprietary software.

njh@root.co.uk (Nigel Horne) (08/20/87)

In article <2853@psuvax1.psu.edu> ehrlich@psuvax1.psu.edu (Dan Ehrlich) writes:
>Does any one out there know if pic is public domain?  What about ditroff?
>If they are where could I get a copy that would run under BSD 4.3 on
>a VAX?  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

pic?	No.
ditroff?	No.

-Nigel