[comp.sources.d] SYSTEM V load average daemon problem

sob@watson.bcm.tmc.edu (Stan Barber) (08/21/87)

I have been trying to get Brandon's System V load average daemon
to work on a could of Sperry 5000s (aka NCR Towers) we have here.
The loadav daemon claims it cannot find the sysinfo structure, yet
I can do an nm on /unix and see it there.

Am I missing something obvious or is this some "compatibility" problem?

Thanks in advance!
Stan Barber

In article <396@uni2.bcm.tmc.edu> sob@watson.bcm.tmc.edu (Stan Barber) writes:
>The loadav daemon claims it cannot find the sysinfo structure, yet
>I can do an nm on /unix and see it there.

My first guess is that the daemon is tyring to look up "_sysinfo"
but that the actual extern name is "sysinfo".  System V C compilers
differ in whether or not they prepend _ to external names (this is
caused by differences in assembler behavior for names such as "r5").