[comp.sources.d] NetHack & NetQuest????

darrylo@hpsrlc.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) (09/04/87)

     I've noticed that the sources to Nethack have #if QUEST statements.
How does the game change if QUEST is defined?  I can't find any references
to QUEST in the docs.

     Thanks,
     -- Darryl Okahata
	{hplabs!hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpsrla!darrylo
	CompuServe: 75206,3074

Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
opinion or policy of his employer or of the little green men that
have been following him all day.

tom@uw-warp.UUCP (09/13/87)

In article <4860002@hpsrlc.HP.COM> darrylo@hpsrlc.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) writes:
>	I've noticed that the sources to Nethack have #if QUEST statements.
>How does the game change if QUEST is defined?  I can't find any references
>to QUEST in the docs.

It breaks horribly, doesn't compile, and when it does, the room
display doesn't work right.  It looks about 10% finished.  Just like
the quest variant in hack 1.0.3.
--
Tom May
uw-nsr!uw-warp!tom@beaver.cs.washington.edu