[comp.sources.d] v11i039: Inline code expander for C, Part01/04

ddl@husc6.UUCP (Dan Lanciani) (09/17/87)

In <1582@uunet.UU.NET> omepd!mcg@uunet.UU.NET writes:
> A word about the copyright.  I have chosen to copyright the source to
> the program, but place the binaries in the public domain.

Then why didn't you do so?

> Permission is hereby granted to distribute the binary object code for this
> program without explicit permission from the author, so long as such
> distribution is not for profit.

Yet again:
public domain == no restrictions
distribution not for profit != public domain

By at once stating that the binaries are in the public domain and are
for non-profit distribution you have (depending on your point of view)
either invalidated your copyright or made it impossible for anyone
who cares about such things to use your code.  Please, please lets stop
this pointless self-contradiction.

					Dan Lanciani
					ddl@harvard.*