[comp.sources.d] Copyright: go read what was supplied with 2.11 news

karl@mumble.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) (10/22/87)

jerry@oliveb.UUCP writes:
>In article <208@PT.CS.CMU.EDU> ralf@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU (Ralf Brown) writes:
>>The way I understand copyright laws...
>
>Can somebody with the actual text post it and end this myth?

Folks, in the 2.11 news distribution, there was included in the "doc"
subdirectory a file called copyright.mn.  That file started out as an
article posted to misc.legal over a year ago concerning the nature of
copyright.  It destroyed, mercifully, a lot of the myth, legend, and
general crap that floats around this network concerning the nature of
copyright, having been written by an attorney named Jordan J. Breslow,
who has experience in these matters.

I think all of us on the network would be greatly pleased if anyone
wanting to voice an opinion on copyrights would go re-read that
document first.
-=-
Karl