[comp.sources.d] Loading *screendump* rasterfiles or postscript files in graphedit

seager@lll-lcc.aRpA (Mark K. Seager) (10/10/87)

I picked up the graphedit SunView tool off the net today...Wow... !!!
One question for Douglas Chan.  Can graphedit load in a rasterfile
created by screendump or a postscript file created with
screendump | pssun?  Sure would be nice to edit these types of graphic
files !!!
				  --+--
    Mark K. Seager		 /^^^^^\
    seager@lll-crg.Arpa		{( .,. )}  Religion: Just say *NO*
    (415)423-3141 (work)	   <->
--
				  --+--

coulter@hpclisp.HP.COM (Michael Coulter) (10/19/87)

>>Since no money has changed hands, and no contract has been enacted in any way,
>>you are not legally bound to abide by whatever claims the author makes.

I belive that the copyright privileges of the author do legally bind you.
The ENFORCEMENT of the claims, however, is rarely possible.

-- Michael Coulter		{ucbvax|hplabs}!hpda!coulter

dick@plx.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) (10/21/87)

Expires:

>Since no money has changed hands, and no contract has been enacted in any way,
>you are not legally bound to abide by whatever claims the author makes.

If you obtain a copyrighted book without paying for it, does that entitle
you to copy/sell/plagerize its contents?   Not hardly!
--
Dick Flanagan, W6OLD                          I'll take a drug test when
UUCP:  ...!ucbvax!sun!plx!dick                Reagan takes an IQ test.

karl@mstar.UUCP (Karl Fox) (10/23/87)

In article <832@plx.UUCP> dick@plx.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) writes:
>If you obtain a copyrighted book without paying for it, does that entitle
>you to copy/sell/plagerize its contents?   Not hardly!

Quite true, but I certainly can't imagine that you would be prevented from
reading it yourself (or from using a program for your own use that someone
sent you, whether by U.S. mail, electronic mail or news distribution).
--
Karl Fox, Morning Star Technologies, Inc.    ...!cbosgd!mstar!karl