[comp.sources.d] qterm question

johnk@auscso.UUCP (John Knutson) (10/25/87)

In qtermtab, it says that a z29 will return an ^[/K sequence and another
one to a ^[Z.  Is this true?  I found that ms-kermit with h19 emulation will
return the ^[/K sequence.  But it confused me that the one terminal with
the exact same discription had two possible responses. Besides that, we
don't have a terminfo entry for h-29, so if someone would kindly mail it to
me... :-)  Help? How bout termcap for ms-kermit?
--
John Knutson   {ihnp4,allegra,ut-sally}!ut-ngp!auscso!johnk
	Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

mcooper@skat.usc.edu (Michael A. Cooper) (10/26/87)

In article <572@auscso.UUCP> johnk@auscso.UUCP (John Knutson) writes:
>In qtermtab, it says that a z29 will return an ^[/K sequence and another
>one to a ^[Z.  Is this true?  I found that ms-kermit with h19 emulation will
>return the ^[/K sequence.  But it confused me that the one terminal with
>the exact same discription had two possible responses. Besides that, we
>don't have a terminfo entry for h-29, so if someone would kindly mail it to
>me... :-)  Help? How bout termcap for ms-kermit?

A z29 will respond with 2 different sequences depending on which of 2
sequences you query the terminal with.  (I think that's why I put
both entries in, but it was a long time ago...)  For all intents
and purposes a z29 = h29 = h19 provided the '29s are in "zenith"
mode.  i.e. the can use the same termcap/terminfo entry.  So you
don't really need another entry for a h-29.

	mike

Michael A. Cooper, University Computing Services, U of Southern California
  UUCP: {sdcrdcf, cit-vax}!oberon!mcooper   BITNET: mcooper@uscvaxq
  ARPA: mcooper@oberon.USC.EDU              PHONE: (213) 743-2957