[comp.sources.d] WE32xxx

In article <1800@ho95e.ATT.COM> wcs@ho95e.UUCP (46133-Bill.Stewart,2G218,x0705,) writes:
>So don't sell the 32XXX series short.  It's CISC rather than RISC, but it's
>got a complete chip family, a floating point chip faster than Weitek,
>and good Operating System support

I'm not sure why this discussion is being conducted in comp.sources.d,
but since it is, I'd first like to concur with Bill Stewart -- the
WE32xxx is actually pretty nice; for example, it had a barrel shifter
before the MC68xxx family, despite Motorola hype to the contrary.
Next, I'd like to inquire about the "CRISP" processor described in
a recent Bell Labs CSTR.  Where is this used, anyway?  Is it being
dropped in favor of the SPARC architecture?