[comp.sources.d] problems compiling Conquest

sl131072@silver.UUCP (10/29/87)

     I have had several problems compiling the files for Conquest.  If
anyone gets them to compile correctly please contact me.

					Jay Miller
					sl131072

rjray@uokmax.UUCP (10/30/87)

In article <15100001@silver> sl131072@silver.bacs.indiana.edu writes:
>     I have had several problems compiling the files for Conquest.  If
>anyone gets them to compile correctly please contact me.
>
>					Jay Miller

	I, too encountered difficulties. I line 669 of one file (it escapes
me at the moment) there were about 9 errors o the first run. They all stemmed
from a badly designed sscanf statement. The typer must have forgotten that
you can extend variable lists across newlines. Change it as such:

		1. Place a newline after the format string
		2. Space the remainder to a logical area under the string
		3. Break the variable list up between lines (please know
		     better than to break a variable name).
		4. Save and try again.

Worked for me.

RjR

rjray@uokmax.uucp

Elric@tsc3b21.UUCP (10/30/87)

in article <15100001@silver>, sl131072@silver.bacs.indiana.edu says:
> Nf-ID: #N:silver:15100001:000:162
> Nf-From: silver.bacs.indiana.edu!sl131072    Oct 28 21:24:00 1987
>
>      I have had several problems compiling the files for Conquest.  If
> anyone gets them to compile correctly please contact me.
>
> 					Jay Miller
> 					sl131072

What kind of problems?  I have compiled it on both a AT&T 3B2/310 (but
since it uses floating point, -f must be specified) and on an IBM RT.
I've been playing the game for a couple of days now, and am interested
in a more in-depth knowledge of how the game is played.

What machine are you using?  Where is the error -- compiler or loader?
(Oops, I forgot -- on both the 3B2 and RT, replace "-lcurses -ltermcap"
with just "-lcurses" in the makefile).

Incidentally, the mini(micro)curses won't work (again, on these two
machines).

Give a little more information and I'll try to help.  While e-mail may
be appropriate for large volumes, let's keep conversation concerning
problems here, in case others are having similar problems.

Hey, Ed!  If you're listening, I'm willing to donate time to 3B2 & RT
development of the game...  (Actually, my RT is leaving in a few weeks.)

"Use the Source, Luke.  Feel it flow through your fingertips..."
-----
Frank (crash) Edwards
...!codas!usfvax2!{pdn,jc3b21}!tsc3b21!crash
...!codas!usfvax2!{pdn,jc3b21}!tsc3b21!Elric
TSC in Palm Harbor, FL
The Sweat Shop [with a 'C']
Phone:  (813) 785-0583  (voice)