[comp.sources.d] zoo and MSDOS vs. UNIX

mdf@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Mark D. Freeman) (11/06/87)

MSDOS delimits lines in files with CR/LF, UNIX with just LF.

zoo a bunch of files unde one OS and un-zoo the archive under the
other, and you have to edit every file.

Or am I missing something...

--
Mark D. Freeman							(614) 262-3703
StrongPoint Systems, Inc.			    mdf@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu

iverson@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Tim Iverson) (11/07/87)

In article <1181@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> (Mark D. Freeman) writes:
>MSDOS delimits lines in files with CR/LF, UNIX with just LF.  [Pack] a bunch
>of files under one OS [with zoo] and un-zoo the archive under the other, and
>you have to edit every file.  Or am I missing something?

No, you're not.  This is one of my two complaints about ZOO.  The other is
that it's pretty slow - not as slow as ARC, but not as fast as PKARC.  Both
ARC and ZOO files require editing when unpacked.  I still use ZOO over ARC
since it supports directories, and is much more portable.

- Tim Iverson
  iverson@cory.Berkeley.EDU
  ucbvax!cory!iverson