[comp.sources.d] Conquest and umoria requests

darrylo@hpsrlc.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) (11/06/87)

     Our Usenet feed received garbled copies of conquest and umoria, which
were then passed on to us, so could someone please send me copies of the
following?

	Part 2 of conquest (we received only the first 30 lines :-().
	moria.doc.1 (ours was truncated to 33435 chars)
	moria.doc.2 (ours was truncated to 44897 chars)

     Thanks.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	UUCP: {hplabs!hpccc!, hpfcla!} hpsrla!darrylo

Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
opinion or policy of his employer or of the little green men that
have been following him all day.

barry@adelie.UUCP (11/11/87)

In article <4860004@hpsrlc.HP.COM> darrylo@hpsrlc.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) writes:
>     Our Usenet feed received garbled copies of conquest and umoria, which
>were then passed on to us, so could someone please send me copies of the
>following?
>
>	moria.doc.1 (ours was truncated to 33435 chars)
>	moria.doc.2 (ours was truncated to 44897 chars)

OK, enough already. The problem isn't that you didn't GET the files, they
were just munged in transmission.  Fact is, EVERYBODY go the same munged
copy!

The reason is that the moria documentation is VMS RUNOFF output, and as such
contains MANY long lines of the form

text TEXT text (....)<CR><CR>     TEXT<CR><LF>

This is RUNOFF's way of overprinting the "TEXT" so it comes out bold on a
line printer. Unfortunately, some mailers/news processors don't a) handle
the long lines, and b) handle the imbedded <CR> (\015) characters, so the
file is munged in mailing.

I have the complete, original VMS moria document. So far as I can see, it is
identical to that (poorly) included with UNIX moria. If it is to be
successfully posted to the net, it must be compressed and uuencoded (it's
about 92K total) so that it can pass through most news-mungers out there.

PLEASE DON'T SWAMP ME WITH REQUESTS! EVERYONE HAVE PATIENCE, and I'm sure
that Mr. Sources.Games moderator will correct things! I only reveal this
info in an attempt to stem the tide of "me too" complaints!

	barry

--
LIVE:	Barry A. Burke, (617) 499-6370
USPS:	Adelie Corporation, 125 CambridgePark Drive Cambridge, MA  02140