[comp.sources.d] Did anyone get AdvSys working under MS-DOS?

simpsong@ncoast.UUCP (11/16/87)

I compiled the advsys compilier and interpreter under MS-DOS
without a hitch, but when I run the interpreter, it gives me
a "bad data file" error message...

Did anyone get this working under MS-DOS? If so, I'd be interesting
in knowing how... or  I'd like to receive a working executable...

Thanks for any assistance,

Greg

p.s. I'd also like any advanced adventure action files people come
up with...  I haven't written anything yet, since I haven't got it
working on my pc...

--
---
      Gregory R. Simpson

Prefered  Internet: SIMPSONG%ATD1.decnet@ge-crd.arpa
or
Alternate Internet: necntc!ncoast!simpsong@harvard.HARVARD.EDU

UUCP: <BACKBONE>!cbosgd!ncoast!simpsong
UUCP: {ames,mit-eddie,harvard,talcott}!necntc!ncoast!simpsong
UUCP: {well,sun,pyramid,ihnp4}!hoptoad!ncoast!simpsong

CSNET: ncoast!simpsong@CWRU.EDU (CSnet)

rassilon@eddie.MIT.EDU (Brian Preble) (11/16/87)

In article <5659@ncoast.UUCP> simpsong@ncoast.UUCP (Gregory R. Simpson @ The North Coast) writes:

>p.s. I'd also like any advanced adventure action files people come
>up with...  I haven't written anything yet, since I haven't got it
>working on my pc...

I've created a mailing list for Advsys programmers.  We've made many additions
to the objects.adi file included with the source.  Some additions include
containers, devices (things that lose power), fuses (timers), daemons
(intelligent actors), a neater inventory command, and many more.  If anyone
wants to join the list send mail to advsys-request@eddie.mit.edu

					Shar and Enjoy!

Rassilon (Brian Preble)
UUCP: ...{ihnp4 | decvax!genrad}!mit-eddie!rassilon
Internet: rassilon@eddie.mit.edu