[comp.sources.d] printing in starchart

wigle@canisius.UUCP (Ken Wigle) (12/03/87)

  Printing a constellation works very well with starlaser but not
perfect. Is it just me or do others get overwriting names and gaps
in the left side sometimes. Starlaser is very well done and I just
thought I would mention the bugs so they can be corrected for an
even more impressive product in the future.
  Starpic is cleaner than starlaser but the size of the stars is
not well done (it IS WELL DONE in starlaser) and only small files
seem possible. For example, try and do 'mayt' even if you change
the PICFRAG in starpic.c

   Well, that is it for now... Great product - look forward to
another update without these bugs.

       Ken

--
USMAIL:	Ken Wigle / Canisius College / 2001 Main St. / Buffalo,NY 14208
UUCP:	...!{decvax|watmath|allegra|rocksvax}!sunybcs!canisius!wigle

cunniff@hpfclq.UUCP (12/03/87)

In message <1821@canisius.UUCP>, wigle@canisius.UUCP (Ken Wigle) writes:
> Printing a constellation works very well with starlaser but not
> perfect. Is it just me or do others get overwriting names and gaps
> in the left side sometimes.

The overwriting names seems to be a feature; however, the following
changes to starlaser.c should fix the gaps in the left side (and
a minor scaling problem):

In starlaser.c, change the following lines:
27:	#define TSCALEU	69		/* text mode scaling */
28:	#define TSCALEL 10

32:	#define XOFF	1060		/* text centering offset (in decip...

to:
27:	#define TSCALEU	139		/* text mode scaling */
28:	#define TSCALEL	20

32:	#define XOFF	460		/* text centering offset (in decip...

Also, add the lines (in function vecsym):
106.1:		if( x < 0 )	x = 0;
106.2:		if( y < 0 )	y = 0;
These should be the two lines immediately preceding the call to printf.

Also add (in function vecsyms):
118.1:		if( x < 0 )	x = 0;
118.2:		if( y < 0 )	y = 0;
These should also be the two lines immediately preceding the call to printf.

>       Ken

				Ross Cunniff
				Hewlett-Packard System Software Operation
				...{ucbvax,hplabs}!hpda!cunniff
				cunniff%hpda@hplabs.ARPA