[comp.sources.d] help with pathalias

eric@magic4.UUCP (Eric Kozowski) (12/17/87)

I'm having problems making pathalias on my system.  It is an AT&T 3B2/400
running SysV 2.0.4.  Here is the out put from make:

	cc  -O -DSTATIC=static -c parse.c
"parse.y", line 214: declared argument member is missing
"parse.y", line 214: declared argument nextnet is missing
"parse.y", line 215: declared argument l is missing
"parse.y", line 217: syntax error
"parse.y", line 220: warning: illegal pointer/integer combination, op =
"parse.y", line 220: illegal initialization
"parse.y", line 220: redeclaration of member
"parse.y", line 220: cannot recover from earlier errors: goodbye!
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Apparently parse.y is making it through yacc ok, but the C compiler doesn't
like it at all.  Any help at all would be appreciated.

--
Eric Kozowski  AT&T GBS  Portland, Or        || This is the end, my only
(503)295-4250                                || friend the end.

abrams@bnl.ARPA (Karl L. Abrams) (12/23/87)

In article <129@magic4.UUCP> eric@magic4.UUCP (Eric Kozowski) writes:
>I'm having problems making pathalias on my system.  It is an AT&T 3B2/400
Well, I'm having problems making pathalias on my system also. It is a VAX 780
running Ultrix 2.0, and I get the following results when I try to 'make' path-
alias:

cc -s addlink.o addnode.o extern.o local.o main.o mapit.o mapaux.o mem.o parse.o printit.o getopt.o -o pathalias
ld:getopt.o: cannot open
*** Error code 4

Stop.

but when getopt.o is built from getopt.c 'make' fails:

cc -s addlink.o addnode.o extern.o local.o main.o mapit.o mapaux.o mem.o parse.o printit.o getopt.o -o pathalias
_environ: ld:getopt.o: multiply defined
start: getopt.o: multiply defined
_moncontrol: getopt.o: multiply defined
mcount: getopt.o: multiply defined
*** Error code 2

Stop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks in advance,

--
ARPA:		abrams@bnl.APRA
BITNET:		abrams@bnl.BITNET