[comp.sources.d] UNSW prolog... ever been posted ??

oz@yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) (02/08/88)

UNSW prolog is a neat (small, tidy, nicely written) prolog interpreter
from the University of New South Wales, written in C, by Claude Sammut.

I found this interpreter, of all places, in a DECUS RSX-11 Symposium
Tape. It compiles and runs under un*x, and appears to be very portable.

Material obtained from DECUS tapes (except the infamous Yacc stupidity)
are publicly distributable, so I am planning to post this interpreter
to comp.sources.unix, unless it has been posted elsewhere, and has been
generally accessible.

If there are any problems with such a posting (i.e. DECUS tape submission
may have been unauthorized etc.) do let me know as soon as possible.

oz
--
Those who lose the sight	     Usenet: [decvax|ihnp4]!utzoo!yunexus!oz
of what is really important 	    	     ......!seismo!mnetor!yunexus!oz

sbw@naucse.UUCP (Steve Wampler) (02/08/88)

In article <315@yunexus.UUCP>, oz@yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) writes:
> UNSW prolog is a neat (small, tidy, nicely written) prolog interpreter
> from the University of New South Wales, written in C, by Claude Sammut.
> Material obtained from DECUS tapes (except the infamous Yacc stupidity)
> are publicly distributable, so I am planning to post this interpreter
> to comp.sources.unix, unless it has been posted elsewhere, and has been
> generally accessible.
> If there are any problems with such a posting (i.e. DECUS tape submission
> may have been unauthorized etc.) do let me know as soon as possible.

I picked up a version from Dr. Sammut three years ago, and it required
a license agreement.  In particular, it was not to be redistributed without
Dr. Sammut's prior written permission (there were other restrictions as
well).  I would suggest contacting Dr. Sammut to check on this:

	Claude Sammut
	Department of Computer Science
	University of New South Wales
	P.O. Box 1