[comp.sources.d] sh w/job control

ddl@husc6.harvard.edu (Dan Lanciani) (03/02/88)

	From time to time there have been requests for a shell with
job control and/or history.  I have added simple job control to the
sh clone from comp.os.minix and made other changes so it can run under
4.x BSD (mainly directory reading).  This copy should also have all
the recent patches plus a few more...  It is available for anonymous
ftp from harvard.harvard.edu in ddl/sh/*.  Note that the job control
is really simple and requires you to quote the process group in fg/bg/stop
commands for anything but the "current" job.  Now if someone would
like to add history...

						Dan Lanciani
						ddl@harvard.*

gerry@syntron.UUCP (G. Roderick Singleton) (03/03/88)

In article <4154@husc6.harvard.edu>, ddl@husc6.harvard.edu (Dan Lanciani) writes:

> 	From time to time there have been requests for a shell with
> job control and/or history.  I have added simple job control to the
> sh clone from comp.os.minix and made other changes so it can run under
> 4.x BSD (mainly directory reading).  This copy should also have all
 [ stuff deleted ]
> commands for anything but the "current" job.  Now if someone would
> like to add history...
>
> 						Dan Lanciani
> 						ddl@harvard.*

For those sites with source licenses,  there are a set of BTL approved patches
for the Bourne Shell under BSD and SYSV.  Job control, history ala csh, and
tilde names are the major features of the package.  Even the manpages are
up-dated.  I discovered these via a friend in the archives on yetti and am
happily using them on this site.  Unfortunately yetti has been replaced and
the archives are no longer publically available via electronic means;  However,
there are archiving sites generally available throughout the world, such as
SIMTEL, that are likely repositories.  Check with these sites.  I think you'll
be pleasantly surprised wtih the GT patches.
--
G. Roderick Singleton              |  "ALL animals are created equal,
   <gerry@syntron.uucp>,           |   BUT some animals are MORE equal