[comp.sources.d] Will everyone please read this

jfh@killer.UUCP (The Beach Bum) (03/17/88)

In article <241@sdrc.UUCP> diblanch@sdrc.UUCP (Jeff Blanchet) writes:
>In article <3358@psuvax1.psu.edu>, zaccone@psuvax1.psu.edu (Rick Zaccone) writes:
>> Can someone please tell me where I can find the source for umoria?  I
>> would like a version that runs on BSD 4.[23].
>>

>Me too!
>
>Jeff Blanchet            UUCP: uunet!sdrc!diblanch

several weeks back bill wisner started calling for archive sites to post,
or mail to him listings of files archived.  he then called a vote for a
group to be created to handle the listings.  i can't beleive he didn't
get enough votes.  you people are stupid ...

here goes again.  would all of the news admins PLEASE save a copy of this
and other similiar articles for your users.

--
rpp386 is a xenix archive site.  all of the files which are there have
been compiled and run under xenix.  if you are running xenix, you are

the uucp login information for your L.sys file is as follows:

rpp386 Any ACU 2400 12142506272 in:-\r-in:-\r-in: anonuucp

or for 1200 baud modems,

rpp386 Any ACU 1200 12142506272 "" BREAK in:-\r-in:-\r-in: anonuucp

the BREAK should land you at 1200 baud first time out.  if you are having
trouble getting connected, you may want to login as 'uuhelp', no password,
and see what steps were required to get a connection.

the list of archived files is in /usr/spool/uucppublic/archive, along with
being in the home directory for uuhelp.  obtain a copy of it before starting
any serious file transfers.  you may also want to obtain a copy from time
to time as the contents change as i have the time to add new programs.
--

to answer the original question, UMORIA can be found in the directory
rpp386!/usr/spool/archive/moria.  uucp permits file name expansion so you

	uucp rpp386!/usr/spool/archive/moria/* moriadir

good luck, and send mail to let me know you've dropped in ...

- john.
--
John F. Haugh II                  SNAIL:  HECI Exploration Co. Inc.
UUCP: ...!ihnp4!killer!jfh                11910 Greenville Ave, Suite 600