[comp.sources.d] Using MacDraw output with psfig

kurisaki@CS.UCLA.EDU (03/12/88)

I recently got the psfig package from the University of Pennsylvania.
It is a very nice ditroff preprocessor that allows you to include
PostScript figures in your document.

I'm having trouble getting it to work with MacDraw documents that I
produced.  I can print out the documentation file that comes with it, so
I know things are installed properly.

Has anyone used MacDraw output with psfig?  What "laserprep.pro" file
are you using?  What version of the LaserPrep software on the Mac?
Thanks for any help.
					Lance Kurisaki
					kurisaki@cs.ucla.edu

larsa@nada.kth.se (Lars Andersson) (03/18/88)

In article <10280@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> kurisaki@CS.UCLA.EDU (Lance Kurisaki) writes:
>I recently got the psfig package from the University of Pennsylvania.
>It is a very nice ditroff preprocessor that allows you to include
>PostScript figures in your document.

This is very nice. Now, would someone please enlighten me (and I'm sure
lots of others) how to get hold of the psfig package. How does it compare to
psdit (part of the transcript package) whic supposedly gives a similar
possibility. What are the requirements for using it? etc. etc.

I am using a pyramid machine with a ``dual port'' os, which gives access to
both att and ucb versions of unix. There is on this machine something called
ditroff, which unfortunately does not run. I would like to hear from someone
who has experience using ditroff on a pyramid.

Does anyone have any information on the DWB package from att? Are there
ucb versions of this which include grap, pic etc.?

Lars

larsa@nada.kth.se