[comp.sources.d] Munged jove files

john@jclyde.UUCP (John B. Meaders Jr.) (05/01/88)

I just started unshar'ing the jove sources from comp.sources.unix.
Two of the files lack end of files (and also some text).  The two files are:

	v14i058:  Jove, an emacs variant, version 4.9, Part 02/21
	v14i061:  Jove, an emacs variant, version 4.9, Part 05/21

Anybody else have this problem (I checked a neighbor and he has the same
problem)?
--
John B. Meaders, Jr.  1114 Camino La Costa #3083, Austin, TX  78752
ATT:  Voice:  +1 (512) 451-5038  Data:  +1 (512) 371-0550

blair@obdient.UUCP (Doug Blair) (05/02/88)

In article <685@jclyde.UUCP>, john@jclyde.UUCP (John B. Meaders Jr.) writes:
> I just started unshar'ing the jove sources from comp.sources.unix.
> Two of the files lack end of files (and also some text).  The two files are:

Well, at least you got all the files. Near as I can tell parts 5 thru 20
of jove never made it this far (I assume there was a 20; I got a 21 :-)),
or at least they haven't yet.  However, all the parts that got here did
unshar OK...

Anyway - our site (Chicago suburbs) still needs parts 5-20. Anyone else
missing these?

Doug

  ___   _             _   _               _
 /   \ | |           | | |_|            _| |_  Doug Blair_______312-653-5527
|  |  || |_   ___   _| |  _   ___   __ |_   _| Obedient Software Corporation
|  |  || ==\ / ==\ /== | | | / ==\ |  \  | |   1007 Naperville Road_________
 \___/ |___/ \___/ \___| |_| \___/ |_|_| |_|   Wheaton, Illinois 60187______

mcdonald@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (05/02/88)

All the Jove files got here alright. I have a big pet peeve about the
documentation though: It is virtually impossible to read. When someone
posts a big object, PLEASE include complete documentation in PLAIN,
ordinary ASCII text! Please! Please! Please! Include it in some other
format if you wish, but be nice to people out there in Netland, who
often don't have the oddball formatter you used. The net is a very
varied place, people have all sorts of different systems. This is
especially true for things, like Jove, that are explicitly supposed to
run on lots of different machines. If you post something like a
"Berkeley 4.3 BSD Kernal mode debugger" you might assume that the
potential user has all the utilities that come free with the  operating
system, but in the general case PLEASE assume nothing!