[comp.sources.d] formatting mg2a doc?

sandra@utah-cs.UUCP (Sandra J Loosemore) (06/09/88)

In article <2145@rtech.UUCP>, daveb@llama.rtech.UUCP (It takes a clear mind to make it) writes:
> When I try to format documentation in the just-posted mg2a, with the
> command "tex mg.tex", I get the following fatal errors in the mg.log file.
> Was there some magic flag or macro I missed?

No, you just need to use LaTex instead of Tex.

-Sandra Loosemore
sandra@cs.utah.edu

wfp@dasys1.UUCP (William Phillips) (06/13/88)

In article <5543@utah-cs.UUCP> sandra@utah-cs.UUCP (Sandra J Loosemore) writes:
>In article <2145@rtech.UUCP>, daveb@llama.rtech.UUCP (It takes a clear mind to make it) writes:
>> When I try to format documentation in the just-posted mg2a, with the
>> command "tex mg.tex", I get the following fatal errors in the mg.log file.
>> Was there some magic flag or macro I missed?
>
>No, you just need to use LaTex instead of Tex.

And what do you do if you don't have either??

I _wish_ people wouldn't make unwarranted assumptions about what software
other people may have available when posting source.  I compiled mg
(no problem), found it _very_ nice (much faster startup than gemacs, which
is important to me), probably not a memory hog (important to everyone here,
as we are experiencing frequent crashes associated with running out of
memory), pretty much keystroke-compatible with gemacs, etc.

But reading the documentation with the TeX formatting embedded gives me a
headache.  There are a few things I'd like to know, and the info is probably
there somewhere, but...

--
William Phillips                 {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Big Electric Cat Public Unix           {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!wfp