[comp.sources.d] Ndbm

oz@yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) (06/14/88)

In article <937@fig.bbn.com> rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz) writes:
>Okay, fact time.
>Rumor has it that a combination of Chris Torek and James Gosling wrote and
>modified a replacement DBM package that Gosling used for the documentation
>subsystem that is in the Emacs he wrote while at CMU.

I have looked at that just now, it is called "ndbm". I cannot tell
for sure, but it looks somewhat different than the original dbm.
Now, mind you, there are some similarities, so perhaps Dr. Gosling
and/or Chris may enlighten us. [I badly need a PD dbm such as that
one... I would love to see it being posted.]

oz
--
The DeathStar rotated slowly,	      |  Usenet: ...!utzoo!yunexus!oz
towards its target, and sparked       |  ....!uunet!mnetor!yunexus!oz