[comp.sources.d] Omega

rassilon@eddie.MIT.EDU (Brian Preble) (11/29/87)

Has anyone managed to get omega working under BSD?  I've solved all the
compiler problems (I think) but it core-dumps mysteriously.

Rassilon (Brian Preble)
UUCP: ...{ihnp4 | decvax!genrad}!mit-eddie!rassilon
Internet: rassilon@eddie.mit.edu

jin@hplabsz.HPL.HP.COM (Tai Jin) (11/30/87)

In article <7521@eddie.MIT.EDU> rassilon@eddie.MIT.EDU (Brian Preble) writes:
>Has anyone managed to get omega working under BSD?  I've solved all the
>compiler problems (I think) but it core-dumps mysteriously.

One reason for a core dump that I noticed is that the code does not
check for the success of opening a file.  Thus, I didn't have a omega.motd
and it core dumped.

By the way, anyone else notice that the screen refreshes too many times?
It also refreshes the entire screen after each move.

 ...tai

kevin@mucs.UX.CS.MAN.AC.UK (Kevin Jones) (06/14/88)

Can anyone tell me what the current status of the Omega game is?

We've got a version that core dumps at the least provocation. So far, I
havn't seen any patches or news of an updated version.

Any help you can give is most welcome since this game looks interesting but
just isn't worth trying to play at the moment.

Thanks

 	        	     Kevin Jones

JANET:-  kevin@uk.ac.man.cs.ux		    | Dept of Computer Science
UUCP:-	 mcvax!ukc!man.cs.ux!kevin	    | University of Manchester
					    | Oxford Road
PHONE:-	 (+44) 61 275 6135		    | Manchester M13 9PL

kus3@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Bob Kusumoto) (06/17/88)

In article <4127@mucs.UX.CS.MAN.AC.UK> kevin@mucs.UUCP (Kevin Jones) writes:
>Can anyone tell me what the current status of the Omega game is?

Its currently at version 0.70.9 store at paul.rutgers.edu [128.6.4.14 and
128.6.5.60] (also at ringo.rutgers.edu).  I don't believe there are any
current plans for a comp.sources.games release since Lawrence has indicated
that this version is still buggy.  For more information, contact
brothers@paul.rutgers.edu
As for the PC version at brokaw.lcs.mit.edu, I saw some sources for it there
which are probably ported from the 0.70.8 version, but the exec files seem
to be from an eariler version (0.70.6 or 0.70.7).

hope this helps.
--
	Bob Kusumoto                         |           Follow me!
Internet: kus3@sphinx.uchicago.edu           | I'll play the game you want me,