[comp.sources.d] PS

caag@inf.rl.ac.uk (Crispin Goswell) (07/18/88)

In article <808@taux01.UUCP> cjosta@taux01.UUCP (Jon Sweedler) writes:
>I have the source to PS but I missed any bug fixes or enhancements for
>it that were mailed to the net.  I am having somre problems getting PS
>installed, so if anyone has any updates, could they please mail them
>to me.  Thanks in advance.
>--

I have recently discovered that our site has been "off the air" for many
months (probably since before Rich $alz posted my 'PostScript-like'
interpreter).
We heard others, we heard ourselves, but no-one heard us... All fixed now!
I take it from this that no-one has heard my various postings about PS.

The most significant info is that the makefile I sent out was configured
for our local site. To build for a Sun, you need to:

$ make pixrect sunPS

For any other configuration, you will need to put some effort in (probably
a week or so writing a driver).

Mark Weiser has made the source available in the US on:

mimsy.umd.edu (Milnet, east coast) and parcvax.xerox.com (west coast).
Called PSPreviewer.tar.Z (compressed tar format). This was back in October,
anyone know if it is still there?

In England, it is available from the info-server at Nottingham University.

I am working in my off hours on a new release, which includes the bug-fixes
I have gratefully received, and includes provision for reading screen-fonts
in various formats (lack of decent fonts has been a problem so far).
This will be known as RALpage 1.5. There is a good set of screen fonts on the
X11R2 tape available from MIT (see comp.windows.x).
I hope to send RALpage 1.5 to Rich $alz "real soon now".

WARNING TO SOFTWARE POSTERS:
I have had many hundreds of email messages about my makefile blunder.
Beware: Usenet reaches a LOT of people, many of them not directly on Usenet.
Make sure when you post something that it works as advertised.
--

Name:  Crispin Goswell		 	  |-------|-\  Informatics Department
Usenet:{... | mcvax}!ukc!rlvd!caag	  |  Tea  |  | Rutherford Appleton Lab