[comp.sources.d] mg2a

wfp@dasys1.UUCP (William Phillips) (08/30/88)

Has anyone actually succeeded in compiling a working copy of mg2a from the
mg2a sources posted a few months back plus the sys/msdos/* sources posted
recently?  I've been going nuts trying to get it to work under either
Turbo C 1.5 or Quick C 1.0.  I've installed mg2a on two different Unix
systems, and did some fine tuning with no trouble at all, but I can't
get it to work on my PC.

If you did get it up and running, please tell me how!  Did it work straight
out of the can?  (If so, I can assume I have corrupted source somewhere.)
If not, what massaging did you find necessary?  (I had to do a bit to get it
to compile, but it still won't run.)

If you want the gory details of my ordeal, I'll post them.  But I'm hoping
that someone already has the solution.

Please help me save the last tattered remnants of my sanity!

--
William Phillips                 {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Big Electric Cat Public Unix           {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!wfp

broman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Vincent P. Broman) (08/30/88)

Problems in bringing up mg v. 2a for MS-DOS may well be caused
by two bugs, one from a transmission error somewhere, the other caused
by a difference in BIOSes.  The diffs follow (from sys/msdos),
thanks to jpn@genrad.com .

*** fileio.c~	Wed Aug 10 13:26:35 1988
--- fileio.c	Thu Aug 25 13:13:29 1988
***************
*** 205,209 ****
  	register char c;

! 	while ((c = *fn) != '0') {
  		if (ISUPPER(c))
  			*fn = TOLOWER(c);
--- 205,209 ----
  	register char c;

! 	while ((c = *fn) != '\0') {
  		if (ISUPPER(c))
  			*fn = TOLOWER(c);
*** tty.c~	Wed Aug 10 13:26:48 1988
--- tty.c	Thu Aug 25 13:15:37 1988
***************
*** 86,90 ****
   */
  tteeop() {
!     ttdell(ttrow, nrow, nrow - ttrow);
  }

--- 86,90 ----
   */
  tteeop() {
!     ttdell(ttrow, nrow-1, 0); /* 0 lines means erase region */
  }

Vincent Broman,  code 632, Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego, CA 92152, USA
Phone: +1 619 553 1641    Internet: broman@nosc.mil   Uucp: sdcsvax!nosc!broman

iglesias@orion.cf.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (08/31/88)

In article <6149@dasys1.UUCP> wfp@dasys1.UUCP (William Phillips) writes:

>Has anyone actually succeeded in compiling a working copy of mg2a from the
>mg2a sources posted a few months back plus the sys/msdos/* sources posted
>recently?  I've been going nuts trying to get it to work under either
>Turbo C 1.5 or Quick C 1.0.  I've installed mg2a on two different Unix
>systems, and did some fine tuning with no trouble at all, but I can't
>get it to work on my PC.

Worked fine for me.  We haven't extensively tested it, but it compiled
fine after I worked out the Turbo C library locations (I didn't
install the compiler on the PC I was using).

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine

markd@proxftl.UUCP (Mark Davidson) (08/31/88)

I tried to mail this, but it bounced...

Compiling mg2a with MS-DOS extensions that were posted to the net a while
back:

Well, I took the sources and compiled them with Microsoft C 5.1 and the
executable ran.  There were a few quirks (^C not handled correctly sometimes,
screen sometimes not set up properly), but I could edit.  Haven't tried it
with Turbo C.

--
---
  In real life: Mark E. Davidson       uflorida!novavax!proxftl!markd